Passengers Are Required to Wear Facial Coverings When Riding SMART
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 11:55am
Passengers are required to wear a facial covering while on board SMART trains and at station platforms, per local public health orders for Marin and Sonoma counties, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The CDC has information on how to correctly use a facial covering and recommendations for homemade face coverings on their website.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak began, SMART has followed recommendations from the CDC and state and local public health officials when implementing measures to ensure the health and safety of employees and the public. As part of these measures, SMART continues to thoroughly clean and wipe down the trains with a disinfectant twice-daily.
Before each train is put back in service, SMART crews:
- thoroughly clean the train restrooms including sanitizing the toilet, sink, mirror, walls and baby changing station
- refill soap dispensers and service water
- wipe down interior surfaces, including seats, seat back trays, tables, hand rails, windows, and luggage racks
- sweep, vacuum, and mop interior floors
- empty all trash and recycle bins
Everyone should continue to remain home sheltering in place, except for essential activities, and maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from others when outside of their homes. To learn more about SMART’s Social Distancing Protocol, visit SonomaMarinTrain.org/SocialDistancing.